2017 Litter Legend Grant Recipients Announced
20 Australian Eco-Schools have received seed grants of $500 to kick-start a litter management project in their school. The 2017 Litter Legends grants have been made possible thanks to the generous support of the Wrigley Company Foundation as part of the International Litter Less Campaign.
The Litter Less Campaign aims to reduce litter and affect long-term behaviour change among youth. This is the second time the grants have been offered in Australia.
Recipients will be undertaking projects that specifically tackle litter in their school and community. This could include:
- Improved bin provision, locations and signage
- Development of the school curriculum to enhance litter education
- A whole school awareness campaign
- An incentive scheme, with prizes for the tidiest classroom or yard
- Adopt a local litter hot spot, get a team together to clean and improve it
- Working with a local community group to investigate litter impacts on local rivers or foreshore habitats
- Working with a local business to design ideas for reducing litter from their product packaging or other business activities.
More information about the schools’ projects will become available on the Eco-Schools website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of schools include:
Woden Valley Childcare Centre
Croppa Creek PS
Leura Public School
Narellan Vale PS
Narrabeen Lakes PS
Parramatta West Public School
Sandcastles Early Education Centre
Sathya Sai School
St Francis Xaviers Primary School
St John’s College
St Josephs Primary School Kempsey
Trinity Anglican College
Anula Primary School
St Pius X
Trinity Anglican School
Springside P-9 College
Tarneit Senior College
Little Grove Primary School