The Bronze Award is an entry-level award, perfect for new schools that are just starting their sustainability journey and want to address one of our themes.
Eco-Schools Bronze Award Criteria Checklist
Please log in to your account on the Eco-Schools website to submit your award application.
- The School is registered with Eco-Schools Australia, up to date with annual subscription & has provided all requested “Baseline” reporting data
- The School keeps a portfolio of evidence of Eco-Schools activities and projects completed (Eco-Schools Portfolio, to be submitted with this checklist)
- The School completes the relevant online application form with supporting documents from their Eco-Schools Portfolio
- The school has an Eco-Committee that meets at least once a term, and members include:
- Minutes are kept of meetings and progress reported back to class
- Environmental Review
- The Eco-Committee has completed an Environmental Review of the school against their chosen Eco-Schools themes
- Results of the review have been recorded and discussed by the Eco-Committee to generate project ideas (you will need to upload a copy of your Environmental Review when you lodge the application).
- Action Plan (work on themes)
- The Eco-Committee has produced a basic Action Plan, influenced by the Environmental Review, covering 1+ Eco-Schools theme.
- The action plan details timeframes, targets and who is responsible for action (you will need to upload a copy of your Action Plan when you lodge the application).
- The Eco-Committee can identify progress towards achieving elements of the Action Plan
- Monitor & Evaluate
- School has submitted baseline data as required by Eco-Schools Australia
- The Eco-Committee collects evidence of completed Eco-Schools activities & action projects into their Eco-Schools Portfolio e.g. samples of work, before and after photos, data collection
- Curriculum Links
- The school can demonstrate that Eco-Schools themes are explored within curriculum work
- Inform & Involve
- The school has a prominent, designated notice board, detailing Eco-Schools activities (you will need to upload a photo of your notice board when you lodge the application).
- The Eco-Committee has started to collect ideas for an Eco-Code for the school